Login or Register
The Knysna Municipality's Guidelines for Filming in the Knysna Area F3 are designed to ensure that location filming in the greater Knysna area is efficiently coordinated, and to promote responsible location filming practices.
Download Guidelines for Filming in the Knysna Area F3
Our online Film Service Providers Directory offers listings of location scouts, location managers, facilitation companies and location agencies offering services securing private locations.
Please complete form - please indicate Not Applicable: N/A where necessary
If the filming will be on more than one location please indicate per location.
List all film locations in the greater Knysna
If possible please supply images and/or GPS Co-ordinates for each location
Please be accurate with the number of people / vehicles / boats / aircraft involved in the project as this is crucial importance to the assessment of your application.
Depending on the shoot on the location, one or more than one ECO may be required to be on set for the duration of the shoot.
Beaches & Wilderness areas are conservation areas protected by environmental legislation (and in some cases International Environmental Laws). This has bearing on the type of activities that may or may not be allowed and this can vary from location to location.
In cases where extensive site manipulation (Set Construction / Art Dept dressing), Knysna Municipality reserves the right to request an Environmental Impact Assessment by an independent environmental consultant and a payment of a refundable deposit to ensure rehabilitation after filming has been completed. Timeous applications in these instances are therefore essential.
Parking Requirement: (Please state the number of vehicles)
1. Please include any additional information on a separate pages and e-mail to
email@example.com or fax to +27 Fax +27 (0)866157743 along with your completed application form.
2. Please allow up to 10 working days for application process.
Knysna Municipality and hereby agrees that these rights, once granted, are strictly subject to the conditions and regulations set out by Knysna Municipality and by the relevant legislation.
We also agree that Knysna Municipality reserves the right not to agree to any or all of the assistance or requests applied for.
We agree to abide by the conditions set out in the National Environmental Management:
Protected Areas Act 57 of 2003 and regulations made in respect of this Act, as well as any rules and regulations made by the Park Management. In particular the following shall apply:
• The instruction of Knysna Municipality staff shall be complied with.
• No damage shall be permitted to any natural vegetation, environment or property.
• No form of wildlife may be injured, fed or disturbed in any way.
• The Knysna Municipality normal activities or business operations are not to be interfered with in any way.
• The use of accepted roadways only shall be permitted. Please ensure that the indicated speed limits are not
exceeded. No off-road driving will be allowed. No vehicles will be allowed on the beaches or surrounds.
• No parking shall be permitted in entrances to access roads. All vehicles be parked legally i.e. within demarcated parking bays and shall do not disrupt the use thereof by the general public.
• Strictly no fires, smoke machines or high risk stunts will be permitted, unless approved by Fire Brigade
• Knysna Municipality needs to be informed of audible generators usages, for approval
• The areas under the control of Knysna Municipality are used entirely at your own risk and Knysna Municipality shall not be liable for any claims, accidents, injuries or loss, etc. arising from such use.
• You are subject to Section 86(1) of the National Environmental Act; Protection Areas Act (Act 57 of 2003) for the duration of your filming in the Knysna Municipality.
Powered by ChronoForms - ChronoEngine.com
CONTACT NO: +27 (44) 302 6300
ADDRESS: 5 Clyde Street Knysna, Western Cape